- B.Sc. of Statistics by the University of Campinas - UNICAMP - Brazil
- M.Sc. in Statistics by the Technical University of Dortmund - Germany
- PhD in Statistics by the University of Witten/Herdecke - Germany
|The master thesis was published as a book and can be found here.|
We have a great interest for scientifical research.
The following topics are the recent focus: Biometrics, Biostatistics and Psychometrics.
We are also interested in statistical application in other areas.
We offer a broad portfolio of statistical analysis and expert consulting services:
- Biostatistics/Biometrics: clinical studies analysis - from design of experiments to the final analysis:
- sample size calculation;
- development and application of questionnaires;
- diagnostic test validations: sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV and accuracy of the test;
- analysis of the influences from a medicament or procedure on the patient health and improvement.
- Engineering: analysis and comparisons of the most influents parameters and materials on the production of a mechanical tool:
- which material provides the best cost/benefit?
- which material improve the tool life?
- which material is better accepted by customers?
- food engineering: which food product is more popular and which differences it has compared to another one?
- Psychometrics: quantitative analysis of human behavior. We have worked with many projects analyzing the psicological factors that help a patient to better recover. The most used methods are:
- factor analysis: factor's definition and validation, a explorative method to investigate the existent factors in the data;
- structural equation modeling (sem): a very complete method that quantifies the initial hypothesis of the study, including correlation analysis, regression modeling and confirmatory factor analysis.